Monday, January 9, 2012

My favorite restaurants in JC

As the title shows, I was originally planning this post to be about my 5 favorite or 5 best restaurants in JC but when I got around to writing I realized that most of what I feel are the best restaurant (at least for my personal taste) are very similar and thus the list was very boring.  So now its going to be a list of 5 restaurants I really enjoy and go to regularly that all have different food and different styles.  Please add your own choices in the comments.

#1 Satis Bistro
So right now #1 is Satis Bistro, and you can read my review here.    Not a regular spot but really just excellent food and service.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/satis-bistro-jersey-city

#2 - Madame Claude Cafe
The space is small and so is the menu, but its got great food, authentic french atmosphere and cuisine (and owners) and really great cheese and pate plates.  This is our go to place for a leisurely dinner with friends and lots of wine.  Because they have a small kitchen, you might wait a bit for your food at times, but the friendly atmosphere, BYOB  drinks, high quality food and thurday night live music more than make up for it.  I've split 3 bottles of wine and a fifth of Jameson over dinner with my girlfriend, sister and brother in law. Then we  went out to the bar.  We're drinkers.  Oh, and speaking of drinking the owner also opened a  wine store in Hamilton Park.  The selection and prices are great and they also sell cheeses, pates and cured meats.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/madame-claude-cafe-jersey-city#query:madame%20claudes

#3 - Marco and Pepe's
Marco's is #3, but my girlfriend works there so I won't be doing an actual review except to say its great food, great atmosphere and definitely a place I bring visiting friends and relatives.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/marco-and-pepe-jersey-city

#4 -     Porto Lounge
We love Porto for the food, the chef, the bartenders and the owner.  Its Portuguese cuisine, with an extensive menu, which is simple, delicious and very reasonably priced.  They also have a really good happy hour.  I think its 4-7 every weekday half price wine and appetizers.   At night its a lounge/bar with DJs thurs-sat and a huge back deck.  If you go thurs-sat you've got about a 80% chance to run into your truly, but don't let that  keep you away.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/porto-lounge-and-restaurant-jersey-city

#5 - Nha Trang
If you're reading this blog you're probably familiar with Pho and Vietnamese food in general, so I won't go into detail about what exactly it is.  Suffice it to say Nha Trang's Pho is huge and cheap.  A large bowl is enough for two and costs something like 6 bucks.  The rest of the menu is also cheap and good.  Some people rave about it, but I would truthfull place is as just above average.  But when you want a cheap, fast and filling meal (its great when you've got a cold) hit up Nha Trang for a huge bowl of delicious Pho.  My biggest disappointment is they don't deliver.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/nha-trang-place-jersey-city

No comments:

Post a Comment