Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Burger Deluxe - It Don't Suxe

I don't have time yet to write up my review of Burger Deluxe in Wayne, NJ so I'm just gonna say its good and here are some pics.  I'll have the full review (I know you're all waiting with bated breath) later today I think.
Update: So I don't have a whole lot to say about burger deluxe, but it was a pleasant surprise on our drive our to Vernon, NJ for a weekend trip.  Its way nicer than you would guess for a burger joint on rt 23 in wayne.  Apparently the owners, the Livanos family, have a couple NYC restaurants and decided for whatever reason to open up a place in suburban NJ.  

First thing you'll notice coming in is its clean and its trendy.  Of course its got the retro diner thing going on, but its mixed with a modern look, kinda upscale Ikea meets Happy Days.  I've been there twice now (its good enough to warrant a stop if i'm driving out there), and the service has been fast and polite both times with different servers.  

Both times I ordered the chili burger and Onion rings.  The burgers themselves are very good.  The quality of the meat seems high (i believe they might grind it in house as they offer a lamb burger, chicken and turkey burger too), and my medium burger was well cooked with a sear on the outside and a little bit of pink left in the middle.  The bun was good as well: fresh and not too thick but able to hold up to the burger  without falling apart.  My only grip was the tomato wasn't great, but its winter so I can't really complain to much.  I hope in the summer they take advantage of all the nearby farms to supply vine ripened, juicy, red Jersey Pride tomatoes (I don't actually give a shit about the jersey part, I just love great tomatoes).  The chili, on the other hand was boring and lacked much flavor or heat.  I'm particularly surprised because Heather got the En Fuego burger and it was very hot and delicious.  I'd definitely go En Fuego if I'm ever at Burger Deluxe again.





The Onion rings were above average as well.  They're clearly made with fresh, thick slices of fresh onion fried in a tasty, dense batter which held together while dipping and biting.  These aren't crappy frozen rings you find in so many diners and burger joints.  The fries were fine, but after a week I don't remember anything much about  them. Overall, this is a great place to stop on a drive, or bring the family.  Kids will love the atmosphere, decor and the burgers but there's enough on the menu (like pan seared salmon, greek salad or fish and chips) to satisfy adults who want something a bit more adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment